Thursday, August 24, 2017

August 24, 2017: Day 274

It was a special day today.  It was the first day of school in the Kuna School District.  I love the beginning of the school year. I had the opportunity to be in several schools. It is fun to see all the kids happy faces and the teachers excited to meet their new classes.  It is hard to believe that this is my 36th year as a professional educator.

I did not get home until late today.  But some time in the afternoon Doug sent me a text that said "Everything is normal here".  That is kinda a big deal.  It is nice that I can leave and be away all day and know that Doug is doing well enough to take care of his needs during the day and that he and Trixie can look after each other.  I actually think Trixie misses me the most.  While Doug still has a ways to go we are grateful for this progress.

We received news today of a friend of ours who was left paralyzed from the chest down in May.  She had to be hospitalized last night with a significant infection, having a seizure and was not very responsive.  Our prayers are with her this night.  We have journeyed together through life for the past 20 years with this special woman and her family. We pray now for her healing.

Almighty God, we pray your healing power and strength to surround Joanne and to make her well. We pray for her family, as they care for her and love her.  Strengthen them and fill them with hope and grace as they continue to encourage Joanne in her healing.  In your name we ask it.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I was really looking for these information on get get stem cell therapy since I wanted to get this treatment done on me. I have heard lot of mixed feedback , so I was kind of confused. Now I can be sure and take a decision whether I should proceed with it or not.

    ReplyDelete