Thursday, August 17, 2017

August 17, 2017: Day 269

Last Friday I called EZ Lite Wheelchair to get help with getting Doug's wheelchair repaired.  When we were in Mexico it collapsed with him in it on our way to his new Stem Cell Birthday.  Then as were getting ready to go to Vegas  it got stuck and would not collapse.  I fixed it.  But, before we got home it got stuck again.  I decided that it was beyond me and I needed help.  The guy at EZ Lite was very helpful.  He said "What do you think about us exchanging your old chair for a new chair?"  I could not believe it.  We have had the chair for 2 years now.  Doug loves it.  It is handy because it will collapse like a suitcase so that it can be carried in the trunk of any car and easily taken on airplanes.

The chair was suppose to arrive today.  Doug waited anxiously all day for it.  But no chair.  I went online tonight to find out where it was but found that it said a delivery had been attempted.  We have no idea when that was.  And so we are still looking for it. We hope it will arrive early tomorrow before we go up to Cascade.

I was suppose to be preaching on Sunday, but my dear friend David Wettstein is letting me off the hook.  Instead we are going to our place in Cascade so that we can watch the eclipse.  We have a place right in the path of totality and so it seems to me that we should take advantage of this.  This  will be the only time in our life times to see it.  I told my daughter that I am living deeply.  I have learned that life is short.  I will preach the next week instead.  Thank you David.  Bless you.

And so we pray:

God of Hope and Expectation we give thanks for all good things, but especially for companies that support their products and provide excellent service to customers. We also look forward to seeing and participating in the eclipse. A reminder to us that we live in a wonderful and marvelous universe.  We celebrate creation and all that is in it.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you. I get to speak in church this Sunday, but won't be competing with the eclipse at least.

    ReplyDelete